FebriDx® is the first and only rapid, point of care test that uses a capillary blood sample to identify and differentiate a clinically significant immune response to viral and/or bacterial acute respiratory infection.
TheFebriDx® test simultaneously detects elevated levels of Myxovirus resistance A (MxA) – a derivative of interferon that becomes elevated in the presence of acute viral infection, and C-reactive protein (CRP) – an acute phase protein that is elevated in the presence of bacterial infection.
The FebriDx® test can be used to help triage infectious patients at the point of care, providing clinicians with a clear path to diagnosis and treatment, leading to more efficacious healthcare decisions. Test results are available in 10 minutes, allowing a treatment plan to be established during the patient’s initial surgery visit.
- Identify & triage patients suffering from a clinically significant ARI
- Differentiate viral from bacterial infectious aetiology
- Identify the need for pathogen-specific testing
- Empower GPs to make targeted immune response-directed therapeutic decisions at the point of care
- Reduce unnecessary antibiotic prescriptions and the possibility of antibiotic resistance, allergies and toxicities, and adverse events
- Improve patient satisfaction by reducing healthcare costs associated with misdiagnosis, repeat visits, and mistreatment
- Results in 10 minutes
- Single use, disposable test
- Provide optimal patient management during the initial consultation
FebriDx in the news…
“The rapid test that tells a GP if you need antibiotics: Check could slash the number of unnecessary prescriptions by 80%”
The Daily Mail